We're not print brokers and we don't send your jobs to the cheapest bidder overseas. We're a commercial printer located on a business park just outside the city of Gloucester.
Everything is manufactured here in Britain. No weasel words: it's made right here in the UK.
We put our money where our mouth is by employing skilled UK workers operating state of the art machinery. We invest in skills training and have put several people through Advanced Apprenticeships and NVQ Level 3 management training.
We've been commercial printers since 2005, operating out of the same premises continuously. Unless you live in a cave, there is very little chance that you have never held or seen something printed by Inky Little Fingers. We are always happy to send out samples of our work as we know that our products are manufactured to the highest standards. The commercial print world has been a brutal, Darwinian one for over a decade. To paraphrase E. Hamilton Lee: There are Old Printers and Bad Printers, but there are no Old, Bad Printers!
Inky Little Fingers Ltd has been certified to ISO9001:2008 Quality Standard for the following scope: "the production and supply of lithographically and digitally printed materials to customer designs/customer approved designs." Certification is subject to periodic surveillance and re-assessment. For further information regarding the validity of the certification please contact Print and Media Certification Ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org
We print higher volume products on the latest generation computer controlled full colour lithographic printing presses. Small to medium quantities are printed on one of our digital presses. The majority of our products are now printed digitally and the quality of digital printing now equals or exceeds traditional litho in nearly all circumstances. We could wax on about how great the quality is (and it really is) but why not request some free samples and see for yourself?
Bindery and finishing
These days, this is where the action is and Inky has one of the most advanced small binderies in the UK. A few examples include:
We have an extensive and very modern print finishing department in our factory, which allows us to do nearly all finishing in-house including book binding and case making. This allows us to be highly responsive to customer requirements, for example we often fulfil "Just In Time" book orders that will be in the bookshops or directly in customer's hands within just a couple of days.
Inky & the environment
Like the vast majority of UK printers, we take our responsibilities to our employees and to the environment very seriously:
We're nothing special, all responsible UK printers will have similar processes, but we thought that you might want to know the above!
As part of our ISO9001 quality management procedures, this defines our attitude towards quality.
To ensure the prosperity and security of Inky Little Fingers Ltd., its employees and directors by providing high quality goods and services that consistently meet our customers’ requirements.
This will be achieved by a continuous process of quality improvement that encompasses:
1. Compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
2. A commitment to listen and respond to our customers’ needs and expectations.
3. A process of continual improvement in the service we provide to our customers by setting quality objectives and by the Management Team regularly reviewing these quality objectives.
4. Investment in the best and most appropriate manufacturing techniques, distribution logistics, customer support and service, in order to anticipate and satisfy our customers’ expectations of quality, delivery and value.
5. A continuing commitment to building a highly skilled, flexible and productive workforce through investment in training and team building.
6. A company-wide commitment to comply with the requirements of the quality management system where relevant procedures are understood and adhered to by all members of staff.