Absolutely, there are lots of things that we won't print!
As well as ILLEGAL MATTER (please see our terms and conditions for more details), we will not print anything in the following list. Note that this list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right not to print any item.
- We will not print anything that is illegal, defamatory, or infringes upon the rights of another person or company.
- Nudity - please use common sense. Since "Calendar Girls", we've printed more calendars with blokes or ladies standing behind strategically placed items than you would believe. That's fine, we're not prudes, however, we don't print pornography, that's simply a business decision.
- Material of an explicit sexual nature.
- Violence. Depicting violence is accepted as part and parcel of many books and comics. However we are likely to decline to print any items with repeated graphic violence, extreme violence or violence of a sexual nature.
- Copyright and trademarks. We will never knowingly print anything that infringes trademarks or copyrights.
We're very aware that this is an area where people hold a wide range of opinions and we don't claim to have a perfect response to this. The bottom line is this: if in any doubt, speak to us first so that we can discuss it. If you think that we can improve this policy and our position on what we will and will not print, we'd like to hear from you.